Sunday 16 February 2014

It's Art Time


The Thinker

Good morning everyone,

I hope you had a great weekend, as well as a special St. Valentine's Day with your beloved ones. As already mentioned, my Mom came over for a visit and I spent the entire weekend with her after an ordinary week of work. But stop! It's not that I haven't done anything during the week. For instance, I went to the Centre Georges Pompidou in order to visit the Contemporary Art Exhibition. And since one museum is not enough, I yesterday went to the Rodin Musuem.

In fact, I am not a very passionate museum-goer. I rather go there to expand my horizon and to cultivate my culture. Therefore I am very lucky that I can visit most of the exhibitions for free in Paris (E.U. under 26) because I would feel truly unsatisfied if I paid a fortune for an entry that I couldn't appreciate to its full extend. Nevertheless, I have the objective within the next five months to visit a museum/ an exhibition at least once a week since Paris has this amazing offer for those activities. Sometimes I might go there for only an hour after work, but that's better than not going at all.

Besides the Cartier exhibition, the Centre Georges Pompidou was the second on my list. Admittedly I have never been a huge fan of Modern Art, so when I stood in front of three white (!) artworks, my understanding and my tolerance evaporated. Luckily, they have a drawing part which is mostly nice and comprehensible. Then, my Mom always wanted to go to the Rodin Museum that takes part in my one of my favourite movies Midnight in Paris (watch it, if you want to fall in love with the city). I guess, it must be a lot prettier in spring or summer when the garden flourishes in pastel colours. I can't wait to take a good book in a couple of weeks, watching tourists and sitting beside the famous "Thinker" while life in the garden awakes.

Have you any further museum tips for Paris?

Enjoy your week, and if you are in Paris and you want to join my visits, you are very much welcome!
Bisous from France

Centre Pompidou
Invalides
Park at the Rodin Museum

Chateau at the Rodin Museum
And again, The Thinker

No comments:

Post a Comment