Honestly, I can't tell you a lot today. You might be interested in the German apple purée market, local currencies in Bristol or in a high-quality low cost airline - these are the topics I dealt with this week. Exciting, aren't they?
It's been the toughest week so far and tougher ones will even follow. I had three times cheerleading, had a couple of group meetings (for the above mentioned topics) and on top of it I had classes from morning 'till late in the evening. My social life was almost down... until Friday night when I had enough from all the pressure and work so that I went out with a couple of friends. Same yesterday night. But never too late since I had in mind all the work piles on my desk that I will attack within the next few minutes.
Weekends are a luxury that students can no longer afford.
Unfortunately, it is true. Even on weekends I force myself to get up early to get everything done. And then, from time to time, I remember those days when I was in my internship and could use the weekends for whatever I wanted to. Luckily I am going back to internship in January (don't know where yet) and this lack of freedom and fun has an end.
I am happy and positive person, so I don't want to complain too much. As all my friends are suffering the same situation we understand and support each other. And I truly appreciate it!
To not end this post without any picture, I have another simple cake recipe for you: Lemonade-Cake. Perfect if you have to get rid of eggs or any soft drink rests in your fridge.
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup of lemonade (Fanta, Sprite etc. - I don't suggest Coke though!)
- 1 pck. of vanilla sugar
- 1 pck. of baking powder
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 250 g icing sugar
- Decoration like colourful chocolate chips, sugar carrots etc.
- Mix all the ingredients and fill the pastry into a buttered pan. Put it into the preheated oven for about 30-45 minutes at 180°C.
- While having the cake baked, prepare the icing: Mix icing sugar and lemonade in order to fabricate a gooey mass. Be careful that you don't add too much lemonade!
- After having cooled the cake, spread the icing evenly on the cake and decorate it (in my case with colourful chocolate chips).