Sunday 9 June 2013

Travel, travel, travel

Fresh fruit for fresh summer
Remember when I presented my possible destinations for this summer?
Well, a decision has been made, no, already booked. And the winner is... South East Asia!
You don't believe how happy I am when I will board the plane the 5th of July and stay in Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and Cambodia for more than three weeks. As I pay myself, my bank account suffers a lot these days but such a great adventure is a one time experience. I cannot wait to share it with you. Beforehand I need to figure out all questions about vaccinations and visa - bureaucracy hello.
Hiking the Alps
Carrot Pie
Souvenirs at the wall
This week I found the time to take some time for myself. I baked another carrot pie (recipe below). Then I progressed on my never-ending project: Collage on the green wall. Honestly, I thought that I had printed too many pictures but while sticking them on the wall I realized that there are still three blank spots to be filled in future. Yesterday I spent half of the day hiking in the mountains and used the other half to watch TV. The program was a mixture of the Roland Garros women's final and the princess wedding in Sweden. While Serena Williams won the match, I loved the Swedish atmosphere and warmth of the Swedish people. And have you seen this gorgeous Valentino dress? OMG. I want that. For my own big day. In some years, of course.

In approximately one week I leave for Lisbon with 5 girlfriends. Tell me, have you ever been there? And if yes, what are the spots to be seen? Maybe some of you have some great tips to share. And tips for Asia will follow afterwards, when my mind has enough space again.

Bon Appetit!
Recipe Carrot Pie

5 eggs
200g sugar
300g grated carrots
300g grated almonds
50g flour
3 tsp. of baking powder
4 tsp. of lemon juice, 1 tsp. of rum, 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon, pinch of salt

Mix the eggs with the sugar and then add the carrots, almonds, flour and baking powder. To give aroma add lemon juice, rum, cinnamon and salt. Preheat the oven at 175°C and bake the pie for 45 minutes. For topping you can either choose between chocolate/sugar icing or powdered sugar (in my case).

No comments:

Post a Comment