Sunday 30 June 2013

Lisbon and its Pastel de Nata

Alfama & Tejo
Bom dia!

After an amazing week in lovely Portugal, I cannot wait to share my experiences with you. It was just as great as imagined. But let's start from the very first beginning:

We rented our apartment on wimdu.com. Fully equipped we were able to cook meals at home and saved thus some money. After having met one of my friends at the airport we headed to Alfama where we were welcomed by our nice host. We found six delicious Pastel de Nata on the table that had to be tasted immediately.
Of course we first had to explore the surroundings. The following days we had a huge program that I can only recommend: Tram 28, Alfama, Bica, Bairro Alto, Ponte 25 de Abril, Belém, Sintra (with its gracious palaces), Cascais and Carcavelhos (with its hot surfers). The rest of the time we spent on terraces with their stunning views, in good Portuguese restaurants and - of course - with shopping in stores that you can mainly find on the Iberian Peninsula.
Despite being six girls with only one bathroom, it was a week full of harmony and common decisions. It was the last reunion in two years as we all leave to foreign universities. The goodbye at the airport was therefore even harder.

But having all these beautiful pictures in mind I cannot wait to see the five girls at our graduation again!
Carcavelhos
Welcoming present: Pastel de Nata
Castelo de Sao Jorge
Torre de Belém
A century old tramway
Narrow
Bairro Alto, Baixa and Ponte
Sintra: Palacio Nacional
Bica & Tejo
Favourite terrace at night
If you need particular and extraordinary addresses because you plan a trip to Lisbon, you find a detailed list here.

Since I already leave to Asia on Friday and won't be able to post during my one-month trip, I prepared some morning posts that you hopefully like. Enjoy your week and talk to you very soon!

P.S. I've done a few changes on my blog. As Google Friend Connect will be shut down tomorrow, I installed the new bloglovin' button, so that you can follow my blog as before. Thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment