Sunday 5 February 2012

Lang Lang

Good morning,

I can't believe that my two weeks of holidays are almost over. Only a few hours left until my train leaves and that I must suffer 7 hours in the train. It gives me time to read the Steve Jobs Biography.

My last week was again really relaxing and calm. On Wednesday I skied in the Swiss Alps where I couldn't see anything at first because it was too foggy. The first hours I was as blind as a bat hoping not to leave the slope and trying to orientate myself along the rods. Luckily, it brightened up in the afternoon and I really enjoyed then the powder snow while skiing off-slope.
Actually I wanted to ski a lot more in these holidays but either the weather wasn't good enough or it was just too cold. Within the last days the temperature fell to minus 15 degrees Celsius. Beyond that there is a strong and cold wind blowing that doesn't improve the situation. Therefore I prefer drinking tea, eating cookies and listening to music while sitting in front of the fireplace. Here is a song I really like these days: Many of Horrors by Biffy Clyro:


I also went to a concert this week. My Mom gave me tickets as a present because she knows that I really like piano concerts and especially famous Lang Lang who played in Geneva this night. We went there together and it is incredible what his fingers are able to play. What a tempo, what a tension, what feelings!


Well, as I said, my week wasn't any kinf of spectacular which will probably change when I am back at my own place. Indeed. I have lots of plans for next week and I am not even back. What are your plans? Is it as cold as here?

In order to help my mom in the kitchen I prepared some nice finger food, easy and fast to make:

Cheese straws

Puffed  pastry
1 egg's yellow
1 bag grated cheese

To begin enroll the puffed pastry and preheat the oven (180°C). Then smear the pastry with the egg's yellow. Now spread the grated cheese all over the pastry. Cut the pastry into 2 cm thick and approximately 15 cm long stripes. Each stripe must now be rolled: Take the endings of each stripe and turn them in opposite directions so that the cheese is on the inner side. To finish, arrange them on a baking tray and put it into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes (until the straws have a nice golden colour). 







Now I must continue packing my stuff and later catch my train.
See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment